Ancient Grain Salad w/Blueberries
This sweet and savory salad will feed your entire family! Our Ancient Grain Salad with Blueberries is loaded with protein, and promises to keep your appetite at bay.
- 2 cup cooked hard wheatberries, farro and/ or quinoa.(cook grain per pkg directions)
- 2 TBLS green onion (chopped white & green)
- 1 cup red grapes (halved)
- 1/4 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup green apple (chopped)
- 1/4 cup bacon (crisply cooked & crumbled)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted & coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TBLS apple cider vinegar 2 TBLS honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp fresh mint (chopped)
To save time, make the grains a day ahead and store in the fridge until assembly.
Add salad ingredients into a large bowl except for walnuts, cheese, and spinach.
Toss to combine.
For the dressing, combine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Top with walnuts and cheese.
Serve over spinach.