Asparagus Couscous Salad
A refreshing side salad for your next barbecue.
- 1 box couscous
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup diced red or orange pepper
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup salami, diced into bite sized pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
Make this salad ahead of time. Combine all ingredients (except nuts) and store up to two days before serving. mix in nuts before serving.
Prepare couscous per package directions and set aside.
In a large bowl, add red onion, asparagus, peppers, cranberries, salami and Asiago cheese. Mix well.
To make dressing, add all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously until combined.
Pour prepared dressing over salad ingredients, tossing to coat. Stir in pine nuts and almonds before serving.